The Cooperation for Academic Reinforcement and Enrichment (C.A.R.E.) Center reinforces our belief that each child is individually and uniquely created by God. Trained and certified teachers at the C.A.R.E. Center on the Shannon Forest campus partner with classroom teachers in all grades to allow students to use their gifts and talents to learn. The school carefully monitors the percentages in each class to ensure that each class is positioned to address the educational needs of every child. The director of our C.A.R.E. Center works closely with each division principal in order to provide an education that is excellent and Christ-centered for each and every student on our campus. Below, you will find the specific parameters for each division in regard to our Learning Difference Program.
Learning Difference Program
The C.A.R.E. Center governs the Learning Difference Program.
较低的学校 students (K5 - 5th Grade):
- Meet with a trained teacher either individually or in small group settings, as deemed best for students.
- The remainder of the time is spent in the regular classroom with accommodations and/or modifications to meet the student's specific needs.
- The Learning Difference Program employs a variety of techniques including the Orton Gillingham approach and other internationally known methodologies to stimulate areas of weakness in perception and cognitive processing.
- Parents are closely involved in the child’s progress and work closely with classroom teachers and the administration.
中学 students (6th - 8th Grade):
- Follow a Directed Study program if they qualify for the Learning Difference Program.
- Work closely with teachers to provide continuity and collaboration so that students will have the opportunity to pursue higher education after graduation.
- During the Directed Study, students meet with trained Learning Difference teachers to enhance organizational skills and different learning strategies.
- These students are provided extended time, on-site testing, and oral testing as needed.
中学 students (9th - 12th Grade):
- Are addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Are provided accommodations if documentation of a diagnosis of ADHD or Learning Disabilities are on file.
- May qualify for extended time testing with the College Board, but MUST have documentation on file and submit information via the SSD Coordinator, PAM欧文.